JOIN OUR TEAM - Now Hiring!
Retail Associate/Key Holder/Buyer
Childish Things is a locally owned, green business focused on buying and selling gently-used children’s items along with a selection of new products.
This is not your ordinary retail job. We buy every day from customers and work hard at merchandising and filling those racks with new products. You won’t get bored!
We are located in North Seattle, and our community of customers is amazing! If you like people and helping make the shopping experience great for them this might be your place! The ideal candidate has a passion for resale and some experience in either clothing retail or children’s products.
If this sounds like you, please respond with COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you are interested and why you think your experience and goals are a good fit.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Merchandise and stock sales floor
- Reviewing seller’s gently-used items for purchase, create and present offers
- Understanding a wide variety of products and providing superior customer service
- Key Holder: Closing store including end of day financial reconciliation
- Social Media postings
- Cleaning as needed included closing cleaning
- Part-time or Full-Time considered: Saturdays and Fridays are a must. Potential Sundays in the future.
What we need from you
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Availability specified in Job Description
- Relevant experience in customer service
- We are a scent-free workplace (no perfumes or smoke)
- Ability to lift bins of clothing and boxes of approximately 25 lbs
- This job is primarily a standing, active customer service job in a 4,000 sq.ft. space.
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve.
- Experience with Windows desktop along with ability to work within Point of Sale.
- Retail experience with clothing or children’s products would be an asset
- A genuine appreciation for other human beings and desire to use your work hours to make their lives a little easier
- Paid sick time and vacation time
- Fully paid medical for 32 hrs +
- Product discounts
- Consistent set schedules
- No quotas or sales pressure
- Starting Pay: $17.47 to $20